So the beta is back. All is good, beta is 328. More than meeting doubling time mark for a healthy pregnancy. They say you’re looking for a doubling time of 48 hours. We’re at 38 hours.
The not so good news is they are making me wait 3 WEEKS for an ultrasound! Wha?
I’m never going to make it. They are though, going to let me come in for a repeat beta on Thursday just to see how things are ticking along.
Hang in there Obi. Please, please hang in there.
So the number is in – 137 11dp3dt. That is right in the average for a healthy singleton pregnancy. Let’s hope it stays that way! Second beta to test doubling time is on Friday. Man oh man, this is surreal. I thought this beta would bring closure to this long journey. One last negative them moving on. Now I have an indeterminate number of days to worry.
I hope I can let a little excitement sneak in soon. Maybe around 6 weeks from now…
I’m all jumbled up. I’m excited and terrified and cautious and elated all at once. The few people who know IRL are asking when they can officially congratulate me and I keep saying “when I’m holding a baby”. It’s so surreal. I know – i sound like a giant whiner. And trust me – I never in a million years thought I’d be the one who was too chicken to get stoked about everything that’s happening.
So in the interest of baby steps, here are the five things I’ve learned from google about my upcoming months if all goes as planned…
1. I’ll have a huge bump at my best friends wedding.
2. I can’t eat hot dogs.
3. My boobs aren’t going to feel better any time soon.
4. I won’t necessarily need new clothes for a few months – unless I start packing on pounds early as some girls do which would be normal. Though I might not – which would also be normal.
5. What to Expect when you’re expecting is full of all sorts of random unexpected things. Though really, what did I expect?
I did have one odd moment – while at the cheese shop someone was trying to give me a sample of bree. It’s good, so creamy, have to try it blah blah blah. And my ‘no thank you’s’ we’re working. So finally I said, “”I can’t. I’m pregnant.”
Huh. i just hope the Bubbles can make it through the long haul. Hold on tight Bubbles. It’s going to be a hellova ride.
Back Wednesday for beta #2 – we’ll see if the 218 jumps accordingly.
Kind of at a loss for words on this one. So I’ll steal someone else’s…
I bought a card for myself once when I was shopping for some occasion or other, with a heavy heart, shortly after my dad passed away. It’s one of those quote-y ones with the big type on the front.
It says “Everything will be ok in the end. If it’s not ok, then it’s not the end.”
I take those words with me tomorrow. All signs point to a positive result. Yet I am overrrun with worry.
So I just keep telling myself ‘everything will be ok in the end’…the numbers will be there. They’ll double as they’re supposed to. And if they don’t? If it’s not ok?
Well, I guess we’re just not finished yet. If it’s not ok, then it’s not the end.
I’ll update when I get word.
I’m wracked with nerves over my blood test on Monday. Yes, the pee sticks are still positive, but I’m positive they’re not getting darker. I’m sure today’s was lighter than yesterday. And I’m terrified that when I get the result back it’s going to be a resounding close but no cigar.
So I went shopping with my cycle friend who sadly has not seen the same results on her test sticks. I holding out hope for the chance that she’ll be surprised at her beta – I’ve heard that it happens – but she’s pretty convinced it’s a done deal.
We had a grand old time at the mall and bought on-sale jackets and posh sunglasses to make her feel better about the whole big mess and to ease my anxiety.
There are a few stores I wish they’d add to the mall…
1. The Baby Store (that one’s a no brainer)
2. The home beta test and positive pregnancy experience predictor store
3. Horminimize – the store that sells clothes that are the same size you wore before all the IVF drugs but that you can actually do up
4. Wonder -whytheyhurt-Bra – the undergarment store that can help determine the cause of your breast pain (hormone drug, pms, actually pregnancy) then fit you with the right bra for your aching bosom
5. Hot Flash – a store that sells everything you might want in screw-the-environment-dammit-it’s hot- and-the-law-won’t-let-me-shop-in-my-bra air conditioned comfort.
I’m nerve wracked and I see no end in site.
PS: (shameless request for support in contest) I worked on a little contest entry that needs votes. Yes. I realize it’s childish but it’s aimed at 18-24 year old boys…and farts are funny. If you have a minute click here and give a thumbs up!