To pass the time until the ultrasound lets us know that Bubble is OK today – here are 11 things that are weird about being pregnant…
1. When I talk about my sore b.oo.bs – I mean really, really sore. Brought tears to my eyes yesterday sore.
2. It’s true about the sense of smell – I can smell everything. It’s unpleasant.
3. There are things I can’t imagine eating. Like grocery store roast chicken and bacon cooked at home. No idea why.
4. Thirsty. So thirsty.
5. When I am hungry, I am hungry NOW. But when I eat – after about 1/2 normal portion I’m full. Until I’m not. Then I’m hungry. NOW.
6. The smell of cleaning supplies make me queasy. Lucky for me.
7. I spend an unusual amount of time wondering. Not scheming or planning or controlling. Just wondering…boy or girl? Left handed or right? Happy baby? Grumpy baby? Likes books, bikes, cars, cabbage patch? Will I ever get to know?
8. I haven’t really gained weight – but the weight I have seems to have migrated to my middle. Not in an attractive way…not that it matters – just not used to having small calves and big muffin top. All the weight used to live in the bottom half. How it’s managed to move up, I’ll never know.
9. Bubble is the size of a poppy seed and already seems to be the focus of the household. Um, that didn’t take long.
10. Did I mention the boo.bs? Ouch.
11. I’m happy. I’m worried and anxious and nervous – I think I write that every day – but I’m happy. I was worried for a while that all the IF stuff was becoming a challenge. And that I had become so focused on the struggle that I’d lost sight of the reason we got into the ring in the first place. From time to time I wondered if I wanted to beat the infertility more that I wanted the baby. I’ve now realized that isn’t possible. I want us to meet the Bubble more that I thought was possible. And that want doesn’t fill me with despair the way wanting to beat the IF did. It makes me really friggin happy.